New Upcoming Professional Activities:
Keynote Lecture at ICEB 2011, Bangkok, Thailand, Nov 29 – Dec 2, 2011. http://iceb2011.tbs.tu.ac.th/index.html
AHIMA Education Strategy Council meeting – Feb 9-11, 2011 (Chicago)
Preventive Medicine Lifestyle Medicine 2011 Keynote Panel – February 19, 2011, San Antonio, TX
Panelist, SoCal HIMSS Healthcare IT Conference on March 9, 2011 in downtown LA.
Panelist, National Science Foundation, SHB Medium program, Dec 6-7, 2010, Washington DC.
Invited Lecture, Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata, India, December 23rd, 2010.
AHIMA Education Strategy Council meeting – Feb 25-26, 2010 (Chicago).
Track Co-Chair for Persuasive Technology at ECIS 2011
AE for JAIS Special Issue in Health Information Systems.
AE for Design Science Track at ICIS 2010 and WITS TPC member 2010
Mini-track Co-Chair at AMCIS SIGhealth 2010 Consumer-Centric Health Information Systems
Host for 2-day Claremont Healthcare IT Workshop April 8-9, 2010
Speaker at the VA Journal Club, Jan 25, 2010
TPC member for DESRIST 2010, St. Galen, Switzerland
TPC member for Persuasive Technology 2010, Denmark
Invited Lecture at Loyola Marymount University, Dec 3, 2009.
Invited participant to NSF workshop on the Future of Sensor Networking, Nov 15-16, 2009.
Panelist at AMCIS 2008, Toronto, Canada, Aug 14-17, 2008. Panel on Design Science.
Minitrack Co-chair at AMCIS 2008, Health care minitrack.
Program Chair of Persuasive 2009, 4th International Conference on Persuasive Technologies, to be held in Claremont, CA.
General Chair, DESRIST 2008, Atlanta, GA, May 7-10, 2008.
TPC member in DESRIST 2008, Persuasive 2008, IEEE Healthcom 2008, WITS 2008, ICIS 2008.
Attending the Academic Leaders meeting at the AHIMA HIM Accreditation, June 18-20, 2008 in Chicago.
Editor of a Special Issue on Persuasive Technologies in Communications of the AIS along with Harri and Per Hasle, upcoming 2009.
Member of AMIA, Gates Foundation planning committee on EHR training in emerging economies.
Book titled “Designing Software Intensive Systems: Foundations and Research Methods”. Alan Hevner, Samir Chatterjee. Springer-Verlag, Expected Publication date: Fall 2008.
Associated Editor, International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking, IDEA Group Publishers.
Senior Editor, Journal of Information Technology Theory & Applications (JITTA).
Technical Program Committee member, 7th IEEE Healthcom 2005, IEEE Globecom 2005, IEEE MASS05.
SIP Workshop Chair, EntNet@Supercom 2005 to be held in Chicago, June6-8.
HICSS-36 Minitrack: Telecommunications and Network Convergence: Theory and Practice [January 4-10, 2003]
General Chair: 5th IEEE International Workshop on Enterprise Computing and Networking for the Healthcare Industry (Healthcom 2003).[June 6-7, 2003]
Editor for Special Issue on Network and Telecommunication Convergence, Information Systems Frontier Journal, issue to come out December 2003.
Internet2 Spring Member meeting, April 2004.
National Science Foundation NMI Review Panel, October 23rd, 2003.
Invited Speaker at Internet Telephony Conference & Expo, Feb 5-7, 2003 at Miami, FL.
Access Grid Technical Retreat, La Holla, CA, Feb 26th, 2002.
International Conference Program Committee:
EntNet@Supercom 2002, June 3-5, 2002 in Atlanta, GA.
Healthcom2002, in France.
IEEE Globecom 2002, in Taipei, Taiwan.
Healthcom 2003, in Santa Monica, CA, June 6-8, 2003.
HICSS-37, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, January 2004.
EntNet@Supercom 2004, Chicago, June 2004. Workshop Organizer.
Each year I review about 1 to 2 books and over 12 papers for various journals and conferences.
Standards bodies activities:
1. Member of Internet2
2. Core Member of Video Middleware Group at Internet2
3. Participant in IETF SIP working group
4. Participant in IETF IPAC working group
Service to CGU:
1. Member of Technology Steeering Committee
2. Member of Search Committee for Kozmetsky Transdisciplinary Chair
3. Member, Search Committee for Math Department’s recruiting
1. AG-2002 – The Access Grid 2002 retreat in San Diego, Feb 26-28, 2002.
2. AMCIS 2002 in Dallas – Tutorial on Network Convergence & the Grid
Service as a Reviewer
Journals: Computer Networks & ISDN Systems journal, IEEE Journal on Se lected Areas in Communications, Computer Communications, IEEE Communications Magazine, Communications of the ACM, Information Technology & Management (ITM), Electronic Commerce Research Journal, Information Systems Journal, International Resource Management Journal, Communications of AIS, Information Systems Journal
Conferences: IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (Globecom), IEEE International Communications Conference (ICC), International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), Enterprise Computing Conference (ENCOM), Hawaii International Conference on Information Systems (HICCS), 2001 Enterprise Networking, Application and Se rvices Conference, Information Resources Management Association International Conference (2001, 2002).
Other Service Activities
- Academic Expert: I participated in a series of phone interviews conducted by the US General Accounting Office (GAO) that conducts research and analysis under the Advanced Technology Program (ATP). This program is administered by NIST, a laboratory of the Department of Commerce. The particular study I was involved in was requested by F. James Se nsenbrenner, Jr. (WI), chairman for the House Committee on Science and John R. Kasich (OH), chairman for the House Committee on the Budget.
- Academic Expert: I was selected by the Computer Science and Telecommunications Board (CSTB) under the National Research Council to participate in a workshop of experts representing academia and industry to submit a report on “Broadband Last mile” to the office of the Vice President of the United States .
- I was the invited speaker to the April 2000 meeting of SIM (Society for Information Management) in Atlanta , GA.
- I was appointed the Panel Chair for EntNet conference to be collocated with SUPERCOM2001 to be held in Atlanta . I helped arrange 3 panels, one of which is on “Voice over IP” that I am also chairing.
- Technical Program Committee Member, IEEE Globecom symposium on Access Networks, 1999.
- Technical Program Committee Member, IEEE Globecom symposium on Enterprise Communications Services, 1999.
- Technical Program Committee Member, International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP).
- Local Organizing Chair, International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP’97), held in Atlanta , October, 1997.
- Local Organizer, Workshop on Information Technology and Systems, Atlanta , December 1997.
- Local Organizing Chair, Enterprise Networking and Computing (ENCOM-98), held in Atlanta , June 1998.
- Program Committee, Enterprise Networking, Application and Se rvices Conference, Atlanta , 2001.
- Program Committee, Information Resources Management Association International Conference (IRMA), Se attle , 2002.
- SIP working group within Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
- Internet-2 VidMid-VC
- IEEE Communications Society,
- IEEE Computer Society,